I wrote my first song
On a pizza box
When I was 12 years old
The first lines were
I look into the distance
I need to be helped
That’s all I remember
It was 25 years ago
Quarter of a century I’ve been doing this
Where it’s gonna take me
I have no way to know
But I do it for myself more than anything
Back then I always dreamed
Of being like Bob
And then Lou and Tom and Jojo
It took a long time
To find my voice
And I still let all those guys show
Things never quite go
The way that you expect them
I started writing a song a day
9 years ago
3287 days ago
I didn’t mean for it to be a whole thing
But here I am
So I make the best of it
It’s not exactly what I wanted
But I try my best
And grow a bit each day
I can’t ever stop learning
Thank you for joining me
Mostly anonymous
I do it for myself, I do it for you
If you pick up your pencil
Your guitar or make something
Because you saw me doing it, that’s special
That means something to me
Hi there! If you're new around these parts, welcome. I'm Jonathan Mann. I write a song every single day, and I've been doing that for the last 7+ years.
Through sick days, tired days, days with no inspiration, the death of my grandma, the breakup of a 5 year long relationship, the marriage to my wife and the birth of our son - I've never missed a day. This is my life's work.
You can see my most current song, as well as songs from year's past over at http://songaday.org
If you want to support me in my Song A Day quest, there are several ways!. I have many albums for sale on Bandcamp: http://jonathanmann.bandcamp.com
You can also support me in a more sustainable way by becoming a subscriber on Bandcamp or joining of 130 other folks and backing me on Patreon: http://patreon.com/jonathanmann
You can listen hear my albums on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2JJuz...
And listen to all of Song A Day on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4O4Rk...
I Wrote My First Song On A Pizza Box jonathan mannering | |
| 23 Likes | 23 Dislikes |
| 221 views views | 40.2K followers |
| Music Creative Commons Attribution licence (reuse allowed) | Upload TimePublished on 31 Dec 2017 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét